The Belchertown Land Trust is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to
the preservation of open space in Belchertown.
|The Belchertown Land Trust will be holding its annual meeting on Monday, February 25, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in the Belchertown High School cafeteria at 142 Springfield Road in Belchertown. At this meeting, a new Board of Directors will be appointed and new officers for the organization will be elected. A report will be given on the organization's finances and activities over the past year. All are invited to attend.|
|What is the waterflow of the lower Bondsville Dam right now?
Find out here. We have added a direct link to the real-time data about the waterflow at the dam site that is presented by the USGS web site. It is located on the Reference Materials and Links page (at the bottom), as well as right here: USGS real-time data
The Belchertown Land Trust, Inc., is a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation created for the purpose of obtaining and holding open space for the enjoyment of the residents of Belchertown, Massachusetts and its surrounding areas. Its purposes are:
- To promote and encourage, for the benefit of the general public, the preservation and/or conservation of open space and natural resources principally in, but not limited to, the Town of Belchertown, Massachusetts. These resources shall include, but not be limited to, land and water resources, the plant and animal life thereon, the preservation of scenic, natural, and historic sites, and the conservation of recreational, agricultural, and forest lands;
- To engage in and promote the scientific study of, and education regarding, natural resources and the proper use and conservation thereof;
- To use all properties held or controlled by the corporation and the net earnings thereof for the benefit of the general public and for charitable, educational, active and/or passive recreation, conservation, agricultural, scientific, and historical purposes;
- To support where possible, consistent with the forgoing, the legitimate open space needs of duly elected and/or appointed Town of Belchertown committees;
- To use all lands, as appropriate, for active agricultural and/or forestry uses.